Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Broken

Our computer is broken and has been for almost two weeks, so I am at the library catching up on my e-mail and blog. Ethan signed up for a library card so he could have internet access and catch up on the JAZZ and the latest NBA happenings. My little boy is growing up, I am surprised they give 5 year olds library cards. I brought our portable DVD player in so Emma could watch movies while we are on the computer. It seems to be working out pretty good.

While we are on the topic of broken things our computer isn't the only thing that is broken. On Sunday we went to my parents to celebrate my dads birthday. After dinner my dad took Ethan and Emma to the Provo temple grounds while they were there Emma got her fingers slammed in a gate. On Monday morning I decided to go and have her purple swollen fingers looked out by the doctor and after having them x-rayed we found out that her ring finger was broken. The doctor then put a splint on it and wrapped in up in a bandage, which she had taken off by the time we got home. Over the past two days I think I rewrapped her hand more than twenty times before I figured out that if I put a sock over the bandage she wouldn't take it off. Yeah! I have a feeling this will be a long two weeks.
Emma's black and blue fingers and broken ring finger.
Sweet Emma hiding behind her bandaged hand.
Emma using her bandaged hand to try to go outside.

My sister Desi wants to be on my blog so we took a picture last week of the two of us together in our new matching glasses. Desi looking cute and me, well not looking so cute.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

ouch! That is all I can say. Poor Emma. I seriously cringed reading that she got her fingers slammed in the gate! Good Luck with keeping on the bandage. They should have just put a cast on, that would help you out not having to rewrap it so often! But hopefully the sock will work the whole 2 weeks!

JennM said...

It's been a while Miss MIA. =) Nice to hear from you again. Oh, and Emma and her finger...I feel for you! (and for her)

RussMo said...

I think the broken finger was worth the laughs, her platypus hand looks so funny! As does her makeup selection....

natj said...

I hope she is still keeping that sock on! Fingers getting smashed is just freaky. Love these little ones and all their emergency mishaps. Life would be too dull if we didn't have scars to carry, right? Okay. Maybe not. But it makes for a good story later.

M&A said...

What is it with your kids and smashed fingers??? I feel so bad for her. Those little fingers are so cute. Maybe you should think about putting rubber gloves on Eliza's hands all the time...

Desi said...

sorry to hear about Ethan's arm! Poor little guys!

JennM said...

What's with the glasses?? I had to get a pair two months ago. Are we getting older?